114-116 west 86 was built in 1927 by architect J.M. Felson in the Neo-Renaissance style, featuring a brick, stone and terra-cotta façade. The 16 story elevator building is of steel frame construction, with 49 apartments, and cost a stately $400,000 to build, replacing two townhouse lots. The building is a rental property and all apartments feature large rooms with high ceilings, oversized windows and herringbone flooring. Most kitchens have been recently renovated and there is a resident superintendent.